Labels

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Even Though It All Went Wrong

I am one tenth of the way to 25 Silver Years with the man of my dreams. Two point five years have flown and trickled by. Even now I anticipate growing weary of this transition time, but I work at thankfulness, contentment, and most of all patience, meantime.

That verse of Leonard Cohen's song sticks with me:

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

...for I will yet praise Him (and curse Him less) no matter how wrong everything feels. I came to fool no one. Though I stumble I will not be hurled headlong.

Being also the 224th anniversary of my nation's birth, and the corn being well over knee high most places, we celebrated today listening to teaching in the gospel of John, eating bean burgers, melon, coleslaw, and patriotic chilled dessert, watching a movie, and Norah got to stay up to watch the fireworks from lawn chairs in the park. She loved them! And I must admit I totally thought of Gandalf's famous pyrotechnics at Bilbo's birthday under the Party Tree.

No comments: