Labels

Sunday, December 25, 2011

mystery incarnate

Christmas greetings from The Portage!

Despite the brown landscape we are having a splendid yuletide together. I've cleaned house til it sparkled, had a heaping share of lutefisk and lefsa, completed some stellar handmade gifts ... and we're only getting started! Tomorrow will be Craft Day Part Two with Andrea working on projects for our gift exchange with Brett's folks/sister on New Year's Sunday. Because of our involvement with soundboard/music at church this morning, we are going to open stockings tomorrow (which Brett has OFF!) and we just finished skyping with the Ives in California. I will post a few photos when I have a better internet connection; just know that I am bursting with thankfulness for my family, my home, and grace that sustains life.

Jesus was God come to Earth. Born in a dirty, grungy, smelly stable. The manure was still warm and the air drafty, and the straw pokey. Perfection humbled. Omnipotence submitted. Holiness bestowed. I would like my days, words, actions to echo the reality of the nativity story. Mystery Incarnate.

No comments: