Labels

Monday, March 19, 2012

winter savings

I delight in every season, and I pity anyone whose pleasure is less. This year I was gypped out of winter and instead given an extra half of fall and an extra half of spring. I'm calling it "Winter Savings Time" and I hope to get double snow next year. That means at least 100 inches. Watch out, people.

Actually, "spring" - though the first day is not until March 20th - is more like summer this year. Eighty degrees several days this past week. I'm half expecting to hear cicadas trilling. Even if I don't get the brilliant thunderstorms I'm dreaming of during the next six months, I will delight in sticky camping trips and sweaty farmers markets and I will plug my ears to unavoidable complaints. I have a wonderful home (in which I will live without air conditioning), an imaginative daughter, and a hard studying/working husband who will be back to a mere 40-hour-week in seven short weeks! I have several dozen projects to keep me satiated, and I will try to share them when I can.

1 comment: