Labels

Friday, January 7, 2011

wandering barques

our tree in 2008, 2009, and 2010

He had come to his desire by going through everything that was opposed to it.
-Hannah Coulter
Three short years ago I married the boy who had mysteriously become my best friend. Words cannot express my gratefulness for this man who completes me. Marriage is the sweetest, most fulfilling challenge I've ever faced, and I long to build and share the rewards as much as possible.
At the break of 2011, I try to frame its unfolding within the Grander Scheme. I have more reason to be content than I ever have before - my desires are being fulfilled! Still there are daily opportunities to "consider it all joy."
Recovering from Christmas & NewYear celebrations has mingled with Brett's being out of work for a fortnight and observing our 3rd anniversary. As well as pursuit of a place to call and make our own. So a little ache follows me, an ache for beauty, an ache for my place, an ache for brokenness, an ache for wholeness, an ache for all the things I have and all the things I lack, an ache for abiding, and an ache for arriving.
Francie took her courage into her two hands and said, "Those stories are the truth."
-A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

No comments: