Labels

Thursday, February 17, 2011

fealty

Psalm 16:5
Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure.

I have been disappointed when we made offers on possible dreamhouses, for we could not bring ourselves to make an offer unless it held that potential. Knowingly, we laid our desires before the Lord twice, and He said no twice. I've begun to rather expect that He will say no. Because I chose to trust that it was God who was directing our steps, and not our omission nor any agency of man, I was able to be uncharacteristically apathetic when we made an offer on a third house. Time will tell (closing is in two weeks) what our portion and our cup will be.

What an ordeal learning is. Being convinced that God is protecting the right house for us, I can begin to accept that He has done, is doing, and will do the same for my other prayer requests.

Two women looked through prison bars
One saw mud, the other saw stars.
-Calm My Anxious Heart

No comments: