Labels

Sunday, February 13, 2011

refinement

Refinement is feeling blechy and discouraging - but it is still from the Lord, right? Perhaps it is the devil gaining a foothold. Focusing on the very long list of positives. Dwelling on the Unchanging Writ. Awaiting The Day by seizing this one.

Here is some of my list:

~ Brett - my best friend, and so much more than a friend
~ Norah - the apple of my eye
~ Being able to live my dream of being a homemaker
~ A truth-founded community of fellowship (our church and small group)
~ An irreplaceable family, included the best in-laws one could possibly ask for!
~ The breathtakingly beautiful Midwest
~ Food (bargains!)
~ Clothing (bargains!!)
~ Shelter (bargains!!!)
~ Health insurance coverage
~ Reliable transportation in the form of a spacious 2005 minivan
~ Travel opportunities & education & experiences
~ Abundant material possessions

Shoot. I don't think there's anything left to go on the 'complaints' list...

2 comments:

soblessed2be said...

:) I love you sweet friend! Isnt it funny that when we look at all we have the list of not haves shrinks? :) I'm reading a book that I think of you while reading, and wish that you were here so we could read it together. I think you would really enjoy it. Its called "Trusting God Even when Life Hurts" by Gerry Bridges (I think thats how you spell his name?). Or perhaps you did in small group? Its a must read!

aboveallshadows said...

Yes we read it through in small group, and it had a powerful effect on me, as did his book "Respectable Sins." I think I'll return to them both over and over throughout my life!