Labels

Sunday, March 20, 2011

first of spring

Another day full of grace. This morning was our first thunderstorm of the year, but even the rain couldn't wash away all the piles of snow. NorahBell is both eager and recalcitrant to adjust to our new home, this place without a name on wild rice street.

Brett has just laid the tiles in our bathroom! Still grouting and edging to finish, and then I can paint, and we can install our fixtures, and then it won't feel so much like camping anymore. We found an old cast iron clawfoot tub on craigslist for $50, and I keep sneaking out to the garage to look at it.

I OWN A CLAWFOOT BATHTUB. AHH!!!

I'm still holding out for a pedestal sink, sectional, and washing machine. A chest freezer and the shower attachment/halo for the tub would be nice too. I'm confident that if I wait long enough, I can find everything I need for the right price... or free! I'm in no hurry. *smile*

Next on the agenda (after the bathroom is completed) is the kitchen tile & painting. I made a running list of everything we would, ideally, like to tackle in the next five years. We'll see where we are then. Oh, and I'll post some more pictures soon!

2 comments:

soblessed2be said...

YAY for claw bath...I cant wait to see pictures! Oh man I cant wait to move from this egregiously expensive area! <3

Katy Cassandra said...

You are wonderful, and I can not wait to see your house! MUAH x3. One each for you, Brett, and of course, little Norah