Labels

Thursday, July 7, 2011

poop deck

Four months and one day after we closed on our home and moved in, we can no longer say we are camping out: we finally have a fully functioning bathroom, complete with a shower. Luxurious, right?

Here are the incredible before & after pictures:

March 2011

July 2011

A clawfoot tub and pedestal sink have been my longtime dream, as well as the white trim, and I think the lemony yellow and sandy neutral combine to give this room a clean, bright feeling.

I still have to make tough decisions about where to hang my shelves and towel bars, but at least I can do my thinking after a cool shower. Ahhh. There is plenty of room for storage in the adjoining linen closet, so our toiletries are entirely accessible. I sketched out a floorplan of The Portage in case you're curious.


I don't know about you, but it still feels surreal to grab my towel and shampoo and not walk across the street...

4 comments:

Abbie Burnham said...

I think it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Great job. :-)

Rachel S-H said...

Looks great! Congratulations!

Courtney said...

Love what you all did! Eventually I hope to join you in claw foot tub land (well actually pedestal tub land for me!) when our basement renovation is finished. They really are the best for enjoying a hot bath :)