Labels

Thursday, August 25, 2011

castaway

Yesterday afternoon Norah and I were playing on the front porch when I heard a plaintive mewing which sounded very near. After a little while I began to look for the source until my eyes alit on a kitten clinging to a tree on the boulevard in front of our house!

Where did this little one come from? Based on the kitten's shyness and neighbors' reports of alley sightings, we have concluded she is a stray whose curiosity separated her from her mama. We haven't given her a name or decided whether or not we will keep her, but she seems to have been plopped right into our lap.

She is old enough to eat solid food, but small enough to hide in dark crevices, so we are letting her stay in Rad's old kennel.

"Someday the kitty will grow big like Victor," Norah says. Vic is Tanka's bloodhound, so I certainly hope not. But my longing for a puppy has just increased exponentially. Wanna plop one of those into our yard, God? (preferably a smallish non-shedding female)

2 comments:

Rachel V said...

Hehehe i was just giggling at the idea of a Vic-Sized kitten.... oh gosh!

aboveallshadows said...

Pretty sure that would be a REAL tiger. Yikes.