Labels

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Campfires and Faceplants

Sometimes I would like to go a month (a year?) without internet or television. To find out if I would get more out of life. ...Funny that I'm writing about this on a blog, no?

The real problem is self-discipline, I believe. Limiting myself to only 1-2 hours per week of either media. I like to read the newspaper; I just like reading about my little cousins in Australia and Sweden more.


We went camping last weekend for the second time as a family. Once we save up for a house, we will go camping on a regular basis. Highlights were the camping smells, the cool fresh air, fire-cooked meals, and just being together with no distractions like work or computers. Norah got to play with little cousins, Ryott, Eliah, and Ava. Then she fell on some rocks and her mouth filled with blood, and I was amazingly stoic on the outside while frantic on the inside, and thank goodness her little tooth was still rooted (though loose) and no worse injury than a very fat lip. We put ice on it, and Ryott's teething OraGel, and she slept all night in the tent as though nothing had happened (of course I woke up several times because I couldn't forget that something had). And I'm so glad it wasn't worse. We survived our first traumatic experience, and we are all the wiser and stronger and calmer for it.


The weather is turning cooler it seems. What a relief. This week I am stripping wallpaper and going to the county fair.

No comments: