Labels

Thursday, December 16, 2010

more and merely

More snow today. I almost didn't go to Faribault S.A. for "thrifty thursday" half-off clothing. But I couldn't reschedule my eye exam, and driving Brett to work was halfway there already. So I braved the icy (squeaky) roads and did not end up in the ditch at all. Ordered a new pair of glasses, enjoyed an eggnog shake for lunch, and found a powderblue snowsuit with sparkly silver snowflakes for Norabella. Simple joys.

Tomorrow we're going to Grandma Norma Elaine's for the whole day. Saturday I'm slated to paint. I want my own home so badly that I fear my will must be broken before I may have it. That is usually the way of things. Oh, vanity of vanities. Why can't I merely be thankful? I am just not a "merely" kind of person is why.

1 comment:

KimB said...

Beautifully written.