Labels

Saturday, December 11, 2010

oh, december

Since we traveled the last couple weekends, this weekend it feels especially good to cozy up indoors. The perfect way to commemorate our first Minnesota blizzard! It has snowed 2-3 times since those first fleeting flakes in October, but this time we are quite happily homebound.

We are still celebrating Brett's birth season and today I shan't spend a thought on laundry or tidying or how I am powerless to finish the kitchen. Instead I am going to just enjoy the time with family. A heavy, silent snowfall out the window. Handel and Tchaikovsky playing in the background. Wrapping packages to send to California. Making paper chains for the tree. Putting christmas cards into envelopes. Perhaps some baking. My long-neglected stack of library books awaits me, too...

No comments: