Labels

Friday, December 17, 2010

meant to be

Brett,
the love of my life,
the man God made to husband me,
is a merely kind of person. (see previous post)

Brett does not use too many words. He has no anxiety about details. He is never restless.

He uses merely enough words. He accepts each day as it comes. His soul rests even when he works.

Our couples small group was on personality traits last week. I identified most with the lion (aggressive) and secondarily the beaver (detail-oriented). Brett was of course the opposite/complimentary golden retriever (non-confrontational) and otter (relational). Reflecting on our differences ought to make me rejoice in my Creator's ingenious diversity. Our strengths are meant to blend together in a beautiful harmony, but often result in discordant cacophony. Though of late I have bemoaned the restrictions of time, here is a marvelous example of how we have been put in time for our own good: God has not finished with us yet. He is still at work to mend our dissonance into glorious unity. Every once in a while when we hit the right notes - these are glimpses of What Is Meant To Be.

No comments: