Labels

Sunday, September 4, 2011

black gold

Meet Kaya Laurë.

She was born on my birthday. She's half golden retriever and half standard poodle and is seven weeks old today. We landed on ki-ya-lu-rae for her name because Brett's favorite childhood dog was named Kaya, and Laurë is the Elvish word for Gold. Runners up were Aurum and Zephyr.

Some of the litter of 11 puppies in South Dakota.

Today is also the sixth month anniversary of home ownership for us. Sorry, I haven't quite finished the kitchen, but hopefully I'll post remodeling pictures this month! With a 3yo, a kitten, and a puppy, The Portage feels a little fuller. I like that.

3 comments:

KimB said...

You kept the kitten? He looks just like the cat on my lap right now. Your dog is adorable too! Yay for pets! Your little girl is adorable too. (that just went without saying).

aboveallshadows said...

:D Yeah, we're keeping the kitty and named her Quorra, and she is sleeping on my lap at this very moment as I type with her little paws curled up under her chin. All I can say is, I think we can all look forward to heartmelting kitty/puppy/little girl pictures for years to come, God willing!

Rachel S-H said...

Love the picture of Norah and the puppy! Good luck!