Labels

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

directly speaking

Many people cherish their privacy, and I deeply respect that. I, however, don't mind sharing my most intimate ideas and experiences with people. I like being transparent. I'm not afraid to be, unless it's a small fear of offending, and of course I try never to share what might hurt or damage. This may have to do with my confrontational and externally processing nature. I need to talk about things with other people to understand. I need exhaustive feedback. I need to question, to test, to verify.

Okay, I don't need those things. I believe the grace of God is sufficient. Cross out "need" and insert "prefer."

In any case, it's part of why I blog, and why blogging itself shapes and changes me.

1 comment:

KimB said...

well said. I don't often think about why this sort of media appeals to me, but it's along a similar vain. I "prefer" this as well. :)