Labels

Friday, November 11, 2011

elevenses

If i were to my 111th post, then I could write it on 11.11.11. Alas, I only just reached 100... but that time will come. :)

Since today is Nov 11th 2011, also a Friday Veterans' Day, I would like to commemorate it in writing. Writing about sanctification, which does not have numerical designation. If it is measurable at all, it is only in retrospect; or, a friend once told me, like a tree.

Saying that I love to read is like saying that I love to breathe, and most of the time I take them both for granted. But in stories often I focus solely on finding out what happens - what is the result? what is the application? For instance I cannot bring myself to read all of the Twilight books but I want to know what happens so I watch the films because that saves me a few minutes, and makes the characters slightly more endurable because I can focus on the music or the cinematography/special effects or the costuming and find something redeeming instead of trudging through a style of writing that (I hate to say it but I can't lie) bores me. What I am getting at is the fact that I must know what happens. But only God knows what tomorrow holds. He is the only perfect Future Thinker (by the way, He is also the perfect Present Thinker, in case you didn't know). He wants us to trust Him TODAY for whatever we might think we need tomorrow. In fact that's what Jesus did when He prayed Thy Will Be Done.

[Note: I posted this a while after I first wrote it on 11/11/11. My apologies.]

No comments: