Labels

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

write/pray

Just picked up Gilead by Marilyn Robinson.

For me writing has always felt like praying . . . you feel that you are with someone. I feel I am with you now . . .

That is how I have always felt about writing for as long as I can remember.

Anyhow, I have a stack of books to read. Also a list of projects to ignore. All this talk of The Hobbit Part I has put me in a mood to watch Lord of the Rings, one disc at a time. So I just watched the first disc in Fellowship and laughed out loud over how all hobbits think about is food. Because yes I relate to Pippin, what if Strider forgets entirely about eating in a routinely fashion? Norah (snack-royalty if there ever was) asked me what was funny. Then she proceeded to ask me questions about hobbits and elves every 3 minutes for the rest of the movie. I think I'll be watching the rest after she's gone to bed from now on - the rest are rather dark anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just fell upon your blog b/c my daughter is also named Elanor (Lucy Elanor) and is "beautifuller still" :) I hope you love Gilead. It's one of my very favorite novels.

Haley