Labels

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

sweater weather

Norah is 27 months old today. Two and a quarter years.

And it snowed.

It's all melted now, and a bitterly cold wind drives all the carpet of leaves away, but I got to walk to the post office amid actual flakes. Time for wrapping presents, baking cookies, wearing costumes, roasting turkey, singing carols, drinking cider/cocoa/chai/seasonally-spiced-coffee.

Brett and I just watched two movies I really liked. Me and Orson Welles was surprisingly unpredictable and an accurate and timeless portrayal of professional theatre, in my experience. Robin Hood (with Russell Crowe) surpassed my expectations, even if Medival English History was the only class I ever got a C in (quite deserved).

We are going to a Wild/Capitals game in the Twin Cities this week, and next month to a L'abri conference in Ames. I don't mind that it will take time to develop lasting friendships with others, because I'd most like to invite them over to my own house, which won't happen for a while anyway. I just don't want to get out of practice. There is plenty for me to steward meantime.

blusterful windsday

blocks brett is making for norah
that's right: snow

I'm making a scrapbook about Norah, and it's so great leafing through all the memories and setting them down in story form.

No comments: